• shootydude
    post product suggestions here (do note that they probably wont be done,but it would be nice to still give idea's)
  • shootydude
    someone needs to make a plug and play mosfet that tries to send a low voltage signal all the time to the trigger unit.
    once you press the trigger it makes a full curcuit(remember,still low voltage,not enough to make it shoot) and then it would detect that the power is coming back and it would send the full discharge.
    once you start releasing the trigger it would detect the power going back to it from the motor is starting to become less strong and it would cut it back to low voltages,thus preventing arcing(the only reason i would consider buying a mosfet lol)

the downside would be that your battery wouldnt last as long but in my opinion,its a pretty nice compromise to not have to open up your gearbox and not have to send your gun to a tech to have a mosfet +etu installed.
  • Kyran
    on your MOSFET idea:

I think I see what you mean. The device could disconnect the battery from the trigger (which normally closes the circuit and powers the motor) and monitor the circuit for changes in resistance with a low voltage, possibly high frequency pulse or something. The trigger is closed, causing the motor to be 'visible' to the monitor circuit.

The monitor circuit then changes over to the full power battery connection and pumps in power to the motor, and monitors the current going out to the motor. When the current suddenly stops, it means the trigger has been released.

The unit would then switch back into monitoring mode.

Your idea is to provide a 'soft start' with electrical switching and without trigger 'bounce' causing arcing?
  • shootydude
    also,sorry if it took a while to reply,i just thought about checking in lol + i didnt get a email notification (i usually do)
  • shootydude
    think it could be possible?
  • shootydude
    because if someone could get that to work you could use an 11.1 volt on a gun with no preinstalled mosfet without any issues
  • Kyran
    @shootydude if you want notifications on a thread, you have to press the little star icon to 'bookmark' it or whatever. it sends you emails on replies. It should be default, but i can't seem to make that happen lol.

Anyway, yes it's possible. I can try to prototype it some time before christmas, might be nice. You can test it for me!
  • shootydude
    oh lol,thanks,its bookmarked now lol. and awesome!! id love to !! :D
  • shootydude
    ive been thinking,would you be able to make a m4 bullpup kit consisting of
    1-a pistol grip that you can mount on picatinny rails and that is wired to tamyia on a long wire(long enough to reach the buffer tube)

2-a tamyia 3 way splitter(ill provide a picture to show how that would work)

3- a buttplate (because we'd need to remove the buffer tube)

4-something to hold your guns actual trigger closed
    Attachment
    m4 bullpup (5K)
  • Kyran
    heya, that seems like a good idea. SRU obviously already does this kind of thing, with their M4 bullpup kit, but I wouldn't mind having my own go at designing one (and using it!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoft/comments/bk6mmo/sru_precision_m4_aeg_bullpup_kit/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the forum! Play Nice and have fun!

Welcome to the KYTECH INDUSTRIES forum!
This has been set up so that everyone has a platform to share sound files, ask questions and get support for the various Kytech Industries products.

Be respectful, Be productive and Enjoy!

Full rules and general posting guidelines can be found here https://forum.kytechindustries.com/page/forum-rules